Even with the arrival of social media, SMS has proven to be a simple and cost-effective way of communicating with customers, yet even this is far eclipsed by more benefits. This is exactly why SMS marketing remains an integral part of communication and marketing strategies.
Short message service, or SMS for short, is a simple technology initially used to facilitate person-to-person (P2P) communication, but has evolved with the times to becoming an effective and efficient communications channel for businesses everywhere, bringing businesses one step closer to their customers.
Here are 7 reasons why texting is the surest way to get in front of your customers:
- SMS is globally relevant. One of the major features that make SMS marketing important to any business that is serious about being in business is its availability to everyone with a mobile phone and the know-how to use it. Unlike mobiles apps which can be selective of certain mobile devices, every mobile phone can receive your SMS.
- People read their SMS. Due to the fact that they are usually very short and have character limits, SMSes are naturally easy to read. According to a Dynmark report, SMS boasts a 98% open rate! Take a minute to let that sink it, 98%. Think about how fast it takes for your hand to reach for your phone when it’s a text message. The fact that SMS has no read receipt surely helps!
- SMS is easily integrated. Using an API, you can SMS-enable your website, application or system. This means that you will be able to send SMS right from your platform. Need an SMS API? Use ours for free!
- SMS is trustworthy. SMSes are generally trusted because they provide a personal touch to your business. This is why SMS is such a dependable platform to use when communicating critical and time-sensitive information.
- SMS is paid for. SMSes are paid for and are not free, and because of this, they usually tend to provide valuable content which is relevant to the recipient. No one, no matter how friendly the rates are, will send you junk SMS.
- Everyone can use it. Whether you are a small, medium or large scale enterprise, you can and should use SMS and our platform affords you the best service there is out there.
- SMS offers privacy and security. People naturally feel more secure with SMS, and the reason is not far-fetched. SMS doesn’t give the message sender the chance to see your profile picture, where you live or even if you have even read the message. SMS respects your client’s privacy, while still sending them the important information that they need.
While the dramatic rise of new communication apps seem to have overtaken SMS, an average of 20 billion text messages are being sent daily, translating to 7.3 trillion annually! That’s more than 5.5 million per second! If you’d like to find out more about our services and get in on this gold mine, contact us at email@example.com.